I always like to try new recipes. I saw this one in Cooking Light Magazine, and thought it would be more exciting to the palate than eating steamed cauliflowers. There was just one little issue; I only had two of the ingredients needed for the recipe. Ok, not a problem, I’m creative.
I used Quinoa instead of Risotto, home made breadcrumbs with a teaspoon of ginger instead of panko [a Japanese breadcrumbs], dried basil instead of flat-leaf parsley, and Parmesan cheese instead of Fontina cheese. And YES, it turned out pretty good.
So, how can you make it?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pulse 1 pound cauliflower florets in a food processor until finely chopped
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Combine cauliflower, 1 ½ Cup of cooked Quinoa, 2/3 cup of home made breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon of dried basil, salt and pepper to taste, ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese, and 1 large egg. [This was the second ingredient on the list I had in my possession].
- Shape into patties.
- Heat 1-tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add patties and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with an Aioli [Mayonnaise, lemon juice, fresh garlic minced and fresh chives], or just plain to limit the calorie amount.
I made 6 patties [Servings]. Each serving, without the Aioli, is around 130 calories.
Now if you want to make the original recipe, just change the ingredients to the original ones and follow the same steps.